Thursday, January 01, 2004

2004
Amidst the noisy firecrackers, the smog and the revelry we welcome another new year!
Some traditions my family always stick to year after year:
* Putting coins at the windows of the house so wealth would come in.
* Switching on all the lights so darkness wont prevail.
* Wearing polka dotted clothes to bring good luck but lately we just wear red outfits.
* Have money in our pockets.
* Serving pancit for long life.
* Jumping as high as you can - this was meant for kids to grow taller.
I guess it didnt have any effect on me since Im still as short as can be.
Which is fine since that makes me cute and I don't look my age so I guess it's a blessing in disguise.

Speaking of blessings, I am eternally grateful that despite my angst - I still have my family intact and are in good health, I have enough food to eat, I have a shelter over my head, I got clothes to wear and I can go anywhere I want to.

As for my new year resolutions, not that I do adhere to them but a few I will try to accomplish this year:
* to eat more veggies and fruits.
* to be more sociable.
* to be in bed by midnight, wait ... make that by 2 A.M.
* to drink less and just stick to water.
* to be less emotional.
* to learn to say "NO".
* to be more defiant.

So here's wishing we all have a peaceful, healthy and prosperous New Year filled with love, joy and happiness!!!

No comments: