Monday, January 26, 2004

"And the Winner is"
I woke up at 9AM and crawled into my sister's bed.
Surrounded by pillows, I watched the 61st Golden Globe Awards.
This annual awards handed out by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association is my favorite of all the awards shows. It's a great concept to combine the TV shows with the movies.

This year I loved:
Jennifer Lopez's tangerine gown, Grecian goddess style with a golden glow.
The simple soft yellow gown of Charlize Theron with ruffles.
The Sex and the City women always look great. No matter what they wear.
Nicole Kidman in a 20s era chic outfit and a playful headband on her hair.
The vagabond look with a fedora on Johnny Depp suits him mighty fine.

But on the other hand:
Meryl Streep in a black prom outfit was too frou frou for her age.
Renee Zellweger looked way too chubby in her tight blue calf length dress.
Diane Keaton's all white ensemble looks like she belonged in a Matrix movie.

Most of my predictions won.
Picture, Drama: "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King."
Actor, Drama: Sean Penn, "Mystic River."
Supporting Actress: Renee Zellweger, "Cold Mountain."
Supporting Actor: Tim Robbins, "Mystic River."
Director: Peter Jackson, "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King."
Actress, Musical, Comedy Series: Sarah Jessica Parker, "Sex and the City,".

Since I haven't seen "Angels In America" I was surprised it won several awards for HBO. But I guess with a powerful cast it was a shoo in.
Miniseries or Movie Made for Television: "Angels in America," HBO.
Actress, Miniseries or Movie Made for Television: Meryl Streep.
Actor, Miniseries or Movie Made for Television: Al Pacino.
Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie Made for TV: Mary-Louise Parker.
Supporting Actor, Miniseries or Movie Made for TV: Jeffrey Wright.

I'm anxiously waiting for:
"Cold Mountain": I think Jude Law rocks. A love story always gets my vote.
"Lost in Translation": Foreigner in a strange country, the story of my life.
"Love, Actually": Hugh Grant. Need I say more?
"Something's Gotta Give": Jack & Diane. An older couple. About time!

No comments: