Saturday, February 28, 2004

Elections
I saw Impact 2004, Max Soliven's show on ANC, last night
His first guest - the elusive Fernando Poe, Jr.
I need to emphasize though that I'm not particularly fond of Max Soliven.
His columns boast mostly of his travels, he has a tendency to name drop
and he has this I.am.holier.than.thou attitude.
Having said that, it doesn't mean he is not a good columnist, he is.
He just irritates me occasionally so I skip his ramblings in Philippine Star.
During the interview, this song kept playing in my head: "I'm just a guy whose intentions are good, oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood"
Alright so FPJ can speak good English and he is indeed a man of few words.
Maybe he is sincere in his quest to serve 85 million Filipino people.
BUT he is definitely NOT getting my vote!
With 73 days to go, I have yet to come up with my list of 12 senators.
As for president, I'm sticking with President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.
Not because Kris Aquino endorses her.
Neither because we are the same height.
I won't get into the nitty gritty details of her political platform.
I believe of all the candidates running, she is the most qualified.
Suffice it to say, I've made up my mind and will abide by it.
It's unusual for me to be this decisive about anything.
Lately, I have been making a conscious effort to be firm in my decisions.
It's a refreshing change. I like the new ME.

No comments: