Thursday, February 05, 2004

A Tribute.
February 5, 1968. A simple ceremony at Santa Ana church.
My parents exchanged their solemn vows.
Reception followed at Max's. No frills. Not much fanfare.
Fast forward to present day. 36 years later.
Yes, they are still married.
Still quite happy. Still best friends.
Through thick and thin. In sickness and in health.
A marriage built on trust and filled with laughter, music & love.
After 3 decades of exemplary diplomatic service,
they are now enjoying retirement bliss.
But still acting like newly weds.
Now I guess all that is missing are the grandkids.
BUT. Hey! Don't look at me.
I can't be bothered. I'm too irresponsible.
My sister might be able to help in that department.
But then again. Maybe not.
Anyways, Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!
We love you!

No comments: