Tuesday, March 02, 2004

"Find the strength. Find the courage. No matter what it takes.
Find the way home."

I discovered that at Rockwell, if you watch before 5pm, the ticket price is only P81. Geez, I'm ecstatic about this!
So there I was sitting for 2 and a half hours controling my bladder, while I watched Cold Mountain.
Taking in the beautiful scenery of North Carolina Romania.
Haunted by Alison Krause's rendition of Sting's composition "You will be my ain true love".
Breathlessly waiting while Inman made his long hard struggling way back to his Ada.
Meeting interesting characters along the way, supporting roles by good actors like Natalie Portman, Philip Seymour Hoffman & Giovanni Ribisi.
Laughing at the sly humour of Ruby ably played by Renee Zellweger who I believe truly deserves her acting awards. She really kicked ass! Way to go!
Feeling completely overwhelmed by Jude Law's strong screen presence.
Riveted at how luminous Nicole Kidman looks despite her efforts to downplay her appearance.
Impressed by Anthony Minghella's direction which reminded me of his other movie, The English Patient which is one of my favorite films of all time.
But most of all, leaving the theater hopeful that true love does exist. Even if it is only in the movies. No matter how difficult the circumstances if you believe in something, you will endure everything and eventually conquer.
Jude Law said 'You feel bruised from thinking about someone so much.'
Or something to that effect. A lovely line from a beautiful movie.

No comments: