Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Astigmatism
Last night I had my eyes examined at Sarabia Optical, Greenbelt branch.
I had my prescription from the last time I had my eyes checked on August 14, 2001.
At Optic Art, Bur Juman Mall, Dubai.
I wore my glasses in public which for me feels like I went out dressed only in my undies.
Not a comfortable situation for little Miss Vain Me.
I had my 3 year old contact lens in its case.
I had my sunglasses whose lens are full of scratches.
I wanted to have them replaced.
I came prepared.
A mere 20 minutes examination later where you read those letters in a dark room illuminated with very bad lighting.
The optician tells me I still have the same grade.
-7.00 for my right eye and -7.50 for my left eye.
With astigmatism on both eyes.
He asked if I wanted them checked to determine if I need reading glasses or not.
Upon learning that I was ONLY 35 years old, he deemed I was still too young to need one.
Thank God.
So I just bought a pair of Bausch & Lomb extended daily wear contact lens for P1,500.00
I was able to save about P3,000.00 or perhaps more.
I didn't even find out the exact cost.
For non reflective, ultra thin lens for my Gucci frames.
Instead, I indulged myself by spending P295.00 to buy "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown.
Actually the real price is P345.00
But I had a National Book Store voucher for P50.00
Therefore I was able to save twice. Yippee!
So I ended up splurging on a book that would make my eyesight worse by reading till the wee hours of the morning.
Ironic isn't it?

No comments: