Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Gift giving dilemma
I think it is rather unfair for single people to continually give gifts.
Let me explain.
The moment a friend gets engaged, the events to celebrate the subsequent occasions would warrant gifts.
First you have the bridal shower then the wedding itself.
Soon after comes the baby shower.
Once the infant is born, you need the binyag (baptism) gift.
So in a span of several months, one must be rich enough to shelve gifts for all these very important occasions or simply be deemed as a cheapstake.
And they said that being single was fun.
How come we single people don't get gifts for the following occasions:
I.survived.a.horrible.first.date.gift
I.just.broke.up.with.my.bf.gift
the.I'm.now.celibate.not.by.choice.gift
I know ... I know .... I am being very cheap.
But hey I do raise a valid point right?

No comments: