Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Angst of an insomniac couch potato
Usually the highlight of my day would be unwinding in front of the TV absorbing whatever tickles my fancy.
On Tuesdays, my mindframe is set on Sex and the City.
Last night I was very keen on watching the first part of the series final episode.
A few minutes into the show, pfffft the TV goes blank.
Thinking my fat ass had accidentally switched the TV off, I grabbed the remote to change channels.
Horror of horrors ... all the channels were gone.
Hyperventilating I waited a few more minutes in case it was just a glitch.
Panicking since it had been already 10 minutes, I rushed upstairs to call the lobby and was informed the whole building was now TV cable less.
I tried calling Home Cable's 24 hour hotline but the line was busy.
My next option was to call my parents to check if their cable was off too but it was already late and I knew they would be in dreamland by then.
So yeah I missed seeing Mr Big.
I missed watching Carrie frolicking in Paris.
I missed viewing Paris, my favorite city in the whole wide world.
I must now wait for the rerun which according to the website is early morning Friday (New Year's Eve)
I was livid, I was pissed
But it was still too early for an insomniac to go to bed.
So I was forced by my sister to join her in viewing all 3 installments of a movie I didn't really give a damn about.
But she insisted that since I was into computer codes and programs ... I COULD appreciate it.
So I ENDURED almost 6 hours of The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions!!!
So although I did find the stunts and all those CGI enhanced sequences quite impressive, I still cannot understand the whole premise behind it.
Sci-fi has never been my genre of movies.

Oh I just checked the telly ... Guess what?
We still don't have cable!
So I'll end this post by quoting the Merovingian(Matrix Reloaded):
"I love French wine, like I the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'encule de ta mere. It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it."

I'm cursing Home Cable to high heavens!

No comments: