Wednesday, April 20, 2005

New Pope elected!
The CNN junkie that I am, my TV is always tuned to channel 36. So when I first noticed the white smoke emitting from the chimney of the Vatican, I immediately called up my mother (even if I knew it was way past her bedtime) to tell her we have a new Pope. After much deliberation to confirm that the smoke was indeed white, the bells rang to signal that a new leader of the Catholic Church has indeed been elected! It was very exciting as the whole world through the wonder of modern technology awaited the identity of the New Pope. I started clapping with glee when Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany emerged on the balcony and was proclaimed Pope Benedict XVI.
"Dear brothers and sisters, after the great Pope John Paul II, the cardinals have elected me - a simple, humble worker in the vineyard of the Lord. The fact that the Lord can work and act even with insufficient means consoles me, and above all I entrust myself to your prayers."

May GOD bless him and give him the proper guidance to lead his flock. Amen!

No comments: