Monday, May 16, 2005

Meme time
Since it is too hot & humid for me to come up with a coherent post, I'm doing this meme which I copied from her blog.

1) My uncle: is an architect.
2) Never in my life: have I straightened my hair.
3) When I was five: I got hit by a bicycle.
4) High School was: a struggle for me to fit in.
5) I will never forget: the day my father suffered a mild stroke.
6) I once met: Lisa Macuja, the ballerina when she performed at an embassy diplomatic reception in Singapore.
7) There's this girl I know who: bought her first car.
8) Once, at a bar: I requested for "Hotel California" from the band. Now I hate that song.
9) By noon I'm usually: hungry.
10) Last night: I had menstrual cramps. :(
11) If I only had: more money to spend traveling.
12) Next time I go to church: mom's birthday (May 30)
13) Terry Schiavo: didn't deserve to die that way.
14) What worries me most: losing my parents.
15) When I turn my head left, I see: my side table.
16) When I turn my head right, I see: the door of my bedroom.
17) You know I'm lying when: I can't look you straight in the eyes.
18) What I miss most about the eighties: Bon Jovi :D
19) If I was a character written by Shakespeare, I'd be:

You're Desdemona of 'Othello' fame. You're
experimental, accepting and love new
experiences. You don't care what other people
think of you and you'll marry who you please,
even if that means enduring the scorn of others.


What Shakespearean Character Are You? (female)
brought to you by Quizilla


20) By this time next year: I'll be older.
21) A better name for me would be: Laurel.
22) I have a hard time understanding: guys and the games they play.
23) If I ever go back to school I'll: probably fail coz I'll be too lazy to study.
24) You know I like you if: I tease you a lot.
25) If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: my sister.
26) Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: are all human beings.
27) Take my advice, never: believe someone who says "Trust me" - because trust is earned not forced!
28) My ideal breakfast is: I don't usually eat breakfast.
29) A song I love, but do not have is: "Woman" - John Lennon.
30) If you visit my hometown, I suggest: you be prepared to go malling.
31) Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: are words in the dictionary.
32) Why won't people: use their common sense?
33) If you spend the night at my house: expect to sleep really late.
34) I'd stop my wedding for: chocolate ice cream.
35) The world could do without: conflicts.
36) I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: wear a two piece bikini.
37) My favorite blonde is: Princess Diana.
38) Paper clips are more useful than: staplers.
39) If I do anything well, it's: be there for you when you need someone to listen to your woes.
40) And by the way: He won the title of sole Survivor in the 10th season of the show.

Tom Westman, 41 year old firefighter from New York

A season dominated by a lot of firsts - first time no merge, first time a team lost all its immunity challenges, first time for the longest final immunity challenge (11 hours) etc. The usual backstabbing (Coby, Katie), alliances formed and broken, lies (sneaky Ian), deceit and two couples hooking up for real (Gregg & Jenn, Jeff & Kim) ended fittingly with my favorite outcast (what a hunk *drools*) winning! Congratulations TOM!

I'm definitely looking forward to the next installment - Survivor: Guatemala - The Maya Empire.

No comments: