Thursday, May 26, 2005

Random musings
  • I'm not a fan of boxing. I'm too sensitive and it hurts me to watch 2 guys punching each other out in the arena. It's like I can actually feel each bruise, cut and broken bones on their mangled faces. But being the couch potato that I am - I sat through the finale of The Contender - urged on by my sister. I cringed and kept my eyes closed most of time as they battled it out for a million dollars. It was an exciting fight but I guess the better man won. Kudos to Sergio "The Latin Snake" Mora for being the champion.
  • So Carrie Underwood is the new American Idol!! Well she deserves it because Bo choked and gave such a lacklustre performance last night. But he still totally rocks and will always be the winner in my book!
  • My current fav songs in repeat mode on my computer are: Lifehouse - You & Me
    What day is it? And in what month?
    This clock never seemed so alive
    I can't keep up and I can't back down
    I've been losing so much time

    Rob Thomas (sporting a nice lean look!) - Lonely No More
    What if I was good to you
    What if you were good to me
    What if I could hold you till
    I feel you move inside of me
    What if it was paradise
    What if we were symphonies
    What if I gave all my life
    To find some way to stand beside you
  • Oh while chatting with ER yesterday I found out something about him which only made me want him more BUT yes be still my heart, we did agree (well he did, I'm just playing along LOL) to keep it strictly platonic! Dear God in heaven, help me get over this man! *sighs*
  • Time Magazine's 2 resident film critics (Richard Corliss & Richard Schickel) came up with their list of 100 best movies of all time. Most of them are movies dating way back (before I was born!). It seems I've seen only 20 on the list. Among them -Lawrence of Arabia, Talk to Her, City of God, Citizen Kane & Finding Nemo. Interesting mix, I wonder where I can find some of them.
  • While rummaging through the boxes to put things back into order after the renovation (phase 1), I came across some inspirational postcards. I remember I bought them when we vacationed in Singapore last year and as usual just stuffed them in an envelope and totally forgot about them. I was delighted to know they have a website.
    My favorite quote from the collection is:
    In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life. IT GOES ON!


  • Yes life indeed goes on so I'm off to watch Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith. I just hope I don't fall asleep. Not my genre of movie to watch but I'm not paying for it so sure I'm game!

    No comments: