Sunday, June 05, 2005

A French filled weekend
I went to Greenbelt, yesterday to catch one of the movies showing at this year's French film fete. This year, the melange is mostly police thrillers, whodunit flicks. I cannot really spend 12 hours everyday till June 15 inside the Greenbelt theater so unfortunately I need to choose which ones grab my attention.

Then I watched Justine Henin-Hardenne beat Mary Pierce in one of the shortest championship finals of the French Open. An ancient rivalry between France and Belgium played out, this time on a clay court. Well Mary Pierce played a really bad game, too many forced errors - too bad because I was rooting for her. Even though I lived in Belgium for several years, my fascination for the French always dominates.

Later it would be Rafael Nadal and Mariano Puerta battling it out for the men's finals. WHO??? I guess I haven't been following tennis religiously. I don't even know their playing style let alone where they are from. But ok I'll cheer Puerta on, he is a hottie. ;)

Mariano Puerta


*** Update ***
Unfortunately above mentioned hottie didn't win the match. But what an exciting game. The better player won but Puerta gave him a good fight. Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid soccer player), another baldie was there to present the trophies to the players.
Congratulations Rafael Nadal!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: