Wednesday, September 28, 2005

"Don't change for you, don't change a thing for me" [INXS]
I am still in a somber mood.
Mixed emotions, really.
But the shock has dissipated, a bit.
I was indignant for few days.
Then accepted his harsh reality.
Now, slowly resigned to the fact.
He is still overwhelmed.
He can't make sense of everything.
Ever still doubtful he is capable.
To face a rather daunting task.
One that completely changes his life.
Forever.
The sad irony of it all.
To be saddled with a responsibility.
He NEVER wanted in the first place.
Oh well.
I wish him the best of luck.
And a happy birthday, today!

So.
Life as we know it goes on.
Demi Moore married her Ashton. Woot!
Precious Lara is crowned Miss International 2005. Bravo!
The Amazing Race: Family Edition is on. Yippee!

And, me.
I'm thankful for foreign film festivals.
I can just tune myself out.
I can immerse myself in another culture.
Hear different languages.
Get lost in the heap of subtitles.
Just soak in the beauty of it all.
Tomorrow, this begins its run.
Ole!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: