Thursday, December 08, 2005

I just want to say ...
Kudos to the Philippine team for garnering the most medals in the recently concluded SEAG (South East Asian games). Well done! They all persevered and made us proud to be Filipinos. Despite all the negative publicity, the political turmoil and the endless bickering of grandstanding politicians, our athletes trained quietly and diligently to make the games a success. Bravo!


Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck naming their newly born baby girl VIOLET is so cute. Isn't the name very pretty?


I wish the Bransen family wins the Amazing Race: family edition. The Weavers are such an irritating bunch while the Linz behave like frat boys during sem break. Such brats!


Hopefully anyone BUT Stephanie wins Survivor: Guatemala. Gosh she is really annoying to watch. I don't know why they haven't voted her off yet.


I simply love December - the streets are well lighted up with bright Christmas decors; the cool climate (for once I don't sweat once I step out); all those tiangges (bazaars) even if I don't really buy anything; eating bibingka, puto bumbong and roasted chestnuts (which I simply adore!) and people seem to be a lot more cheerful than usual.


I plan to watch a lot of movies before the Metro Manila Film Festival starts its run from December 25 to Jan. 7 (?) because I'm such a snob and I don't patronize Filipino movies.


I actually truly wrote this paragraph from the movie Love Actually on a Christmas card, last year and mailed it to someone.
"With any luck, by next year
I'll be going out with [le chef or maybe no one]
But for now, let me say - Without hope or agenda -
Just because it's Christmas
And at Christmas you tell the truth
To me, you are perfect.
And my wasted heart will love you
[until you grow old and haggard and lose all your teeth!]
Merry Christmas!!!"
Regardless to say, it was the most embarrassing thing I ever did in my life! But I don't regret it at all!


My sister will be out of town the whole of next week so that means I will have access to my monitor and my computer ... Hurray ... I really miss bloghopping!


It is difficult to compose a blog entry when I am in an internet cafe. Too many distractions I cannot gather my train of thought. It has taken me an hour to write this post and I've edited it 34566777 times.

So I will just end by paying a tribute to John Lennon whose 25th death anniversary is today, December 8.
Gosh has it been that long??? I love this song!

Imagine
Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

No comments: