Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tokens of appreciation
I needed to decide what to give to 3 dear people in my life.
1) My friend in Japan c/o of my sister.
I actually had a pretty good idea what to get for him.
A book which IMHO best describes his colorful life.
THE GLOBAL SOUL by PICO IYER.
The thing is that I bought it in Singapore aeons ago.
I called National Book Store - not available.
Power Books - they had "Abandon" his latest novel.
I was this close to losing it until I chanced upon Fully Booked's website.
Their Greenhills branch had the LAST copy of the book. Phew!

2) An anniversary gift for my parents. (Feb. 5, 2006)
This wasn't easy.
Both my sister and I are stressed out enough to come up with an appropriate gift.
Then earlier while I was waiting in line at SM to pay our tons of bills, I saw the list of concerts for Valentine's Day.
If I was in a comic strip, a little light bulb would flash above my wavy hair. So I texted my sister who was having her manicure at Nail Bar, Edsa Shangri-la Plaza.
"How about concert tickets to Andy William's Valentine show at 8pm at the Araneta Coliseum?"
Great brilliant idea!
So there you go ... Problem solved.

I'm a happy trooper! =)

No comments: