Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Retail Therapy
There is nothing like splurging my hard earned cash to make me snap out of my pathetic state of wallowing in self pity.
Yesterday, armed with my 'neglected' credit card, I went out and spent on 3 things I'm most passionate about - Books, Movies and Travel.

First stop was at the Powerbooks Warehouse Sale. I bought Naguib Mahfouz's "The Day the Leader was Killed". Anahita Firouz's "In the Walled Gardens". A favorite author of mine, Mario Puzo's "The Family" and "The Fortunate Pilgrim".
Vladimir Nabokov's "Lolita".
As well as books I've read but seem to have misplaced somewhere, somehow such as Milan Kundera's "The Unbearable Lightness of Being", Ernest Hemingway's "The Sun also Rises" and Paulo Coelho's "The Alchemist"


The second stop was at Astroplus at the Podium where I bought 3 films to add to my collection - "Crime and Punishment", "Catch 22" and "Dirty Pretty Things".

Lastly I went shopping for relevant items I need for my trip such as t-shirts, shorts and flip flops. Plus, of course I paid for my airfare as well as for our accommodations for 5 days and 4 nights at a still to be disclosed destination. For some strange reason, I am keeping it a mystery and I've only told one other person where I'm vacationing but ironically ... Oh well never mind.

I'm pretty sure my credit card is now maxed out. So yes I'm definitely moving onwards and I got my credit card bill as evidence.
Later, Michael Bolton is going to croon away to my achy breaky heart's content. So I shouldn't can't complain too much, my life is still good. I figure that waking up each morning with an acute heart ache proves I am only human!

No comments: