Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Double yay!
(1). Leo Oracion is/was the first Filipino climber who made it to the summit of Mt Everest.

Alright so regardless of who made it first or which TV network sponsored which climbers - we should just be thankful Oracion made it safely to the top of that treacherous mountain. Now our flag is flapping away in the chilly air of Mt. Everest. Bravo!

(2). The "Da Vinci Code" has been given a R18 rating. It would be shown without cuts here in the Philippines.

So after much debate over whether the film should be banned or not, the Philippines would see it on May 19 when it premieres worldwide. I figure I will catch it during its 2nd week run at the theaters when it would be less crowded. I don't have to jostle for some elbow space. Nothing irritates me more than bad manners displayed by people in cinema theaters. Talking loudly during movies, the distraction from the bright glare of cell phones and worse someone actually talking on their phones while watching the movie. I don't know why they can't just switch it off for 2 hours. Is it imperative to be "connected" all the time?

Anyways I hope the movie won't be a disappointment. I have enough faith in Ron Howard's flawless direction. Although my sister and I did pick Kurt Russell for the role of Robert Langdon and Julie Delphy for the Sophie Neveu role. Something we always do (that is cast actors in roles) after we finish reading novels.

By the way, how do you pronounce Silas?
Is it .... "C-las" or "Sigh-las"?
Me, I say the latter.

No comments: