Sunday, June 04, 2006

Healthy snack
I have to admit I'm not one of those health freaks who counts every single calories they eat in their food intake. I don't restrict myself when it comes to food, I can eat anything well except ampalaya and asparagus. Ewww.
But I *do* watch the quantity of food I gobble down and eat almost everything in moderation.
So after a delicious home cooked Sunday lunch at my parents' place, I was rummaging through my mother's pantry for some items I was in short supply of in my own pantry. Gosh, if you saw my mother's pantry you would think she owes a grocery store with all those items stuffing her kitchen cabinet to the brim.
So anyways, I came across this box of Quaker Instant Oatmeal. Each box contains individually wrapped instant oatmeal packs. You simply add water (hot or cold according to your taste) and voila you have a nutritious healthy snack to munch on. It can be served for breakfast. Or for those in-between-meals-time which we tend to devote to junk food like potato chips and peanuts. Hmm now don't get me wrong, this doesn't necessarily mean I would completely stop bingeing on junk food. No siree that would be a violation of my human rights.
So back to the Quaker instant oatmeal packs, it comes in two flavors - Vanilla and Chocolate. I have to warn you though it has a rather strong distinct vanilla taste. It might be too sweet for your taste. Personally, I don't mind it since I have a rather sweet tooth. But I'm not sure about the chocolate flavored oatmeal. I mean, sure I love chocolates et al but I still prefer to eat champorado with tuyo which would definitely taste much better than oatmeal, right?

Hmmm now I'm hungry again!

No comments: