Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sign #234 I'm an Internet junkie
Last night, I was already nicely tucked in bed reading a book.
I came across a word I didn't understand.
Instead of reaching for the dictionary which I conveniently put on my bed side table, I get out of bed, switch on my computer, patiently waited while it booted up then I logged on to the internet.
I go to this site, key in the word and read its meaning. I grasped the context of the word vis a vis the sentence in the book. I then log off the Internet, go through the motions of shutting down my computer, go back to bed, read a bit and fell asleep with the lights on.
I am too lazy sleepy to switch the lights off but I patiently go through the routine of booting up my computer just to check a word.

Go figure!

By the way, the word was pedantic
Main Entry: pe-dan-tic
Pronunciation: pi-'dan-tik
Function: adjective
1 : of, relating to, or being a pedant
2 : narrowly, stodgily, and often ostentatiously learned
3 : UNIMAGINATIVE, PEDESTRIAN

No comments: