Thursday, July 20, 2006

A meme c/o Snglguy
Ok, here's how this works:
If you comment on this post, I will ...

1. respond with something random about you.
2. challenge you to try something.
3. pick a color that I associate with you.
4. tell you something I like about you.
5. tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. ask you something I've always wanted to ask you.
8. pick a song that reminds me of you.

After I respond to the above mentioned 8 points in this blog, you will have to post the same meme and my response on your blog.

Here's what snglguy said about me:
Daphne> I was wondering where you were. But, now that you're here
Random: Your experiences while growing up and living in different countries as a diplobrat makes you one interesting individual.

Challenge: I would love to see you climb Mt.Everest. Hehe

Color: Blue. Because that's the color of your beloved French football team. Oh wait! That's also the color of the Italian team. Darn! Hehe *peace*

Like: I like that you always kept your faith in this country of ours.

Memory: I got curious with your name after you first commented on my blog a few months ago. I thought you were someone I personally knew from way back who happened to stumble upon my blog.

Animal: Somehow, Fish comes to mind because you have a picture of a Koi (or is it several kois?) as your screensaver.

Question: Will you ever think of settling down, or are you hell bent on staying single forever? Just asking.

Song: "La Vie En Rose" by Edith Piaf

My reaction:
Random: Yes I've been a wanderlust all my life.

Challenge: Eh climb Mount Everest? Geez what a daunting task!

Color: Yes Blue is my favorite color, indeed.

Like: Despite the fact that for 30 something years I've lived overseas, I was always proud of my kayumanggi skin. I never hesitated to tell other nationalities about the beauty of the Philippines. I guess it takes someone like me who was a stranger in my own country to appreciate what the Philippines has to offer to the Filipinos and the world in general.

Memory: hehehe well I'm sorry to disappoint you if you thought that I was someone who you personally knew way back.

Animal: Do fishes quantify as animals? But you're correct I did have a picture of a koi pond as my wallpaper. But nowadays,I have replaced it with a picture of Zidane. =)

Question: Wow good question! Realistically speaking, I doubt I will settle down any time soon. I'm not involved with anyone at the moment neither do I have any prospects on my radar screen.
But I'm also not going to answer that question with a cliche like "Sure if the right man comes along, why not?" I know I'm not exactly wifey material in every sense of the word. Long story, too complicated to explain in a single post. But I will go as far as to admit, I'm the one with the commitment issues not the guys. So I am better off being single. =)

Song: Oh great song! Edith Piaf's version is hauntingly passionate.

No comments: