Monday, August 14, 2006

A Book Meme
While surfing for credits on BlogExplosion, this meme caught my attention.

Books that changed your life:
"The Little Prince"
"The Kite Runner"
"The 5 People You Meet In Heaven"
"The Alchemist".


Books you have read more than once:
"The Global Soul" by Pico Iyer.
"The Sun also Rises" by Ernest Hemingway.

Books you would want on a desert island:
Any of Salman Rushdie's books - not to read, mind you. But I will use the pages to sustain a fire, then eventually eat the pages to survive till I am rescued.

One book that made you laugh:
"Seinlanguage" by Jerry Seinfeld. He is hilarious.

One book that made you cry:
"Almost Heaven" by Marianne Wiggins.

One book you wish you had written:
"The Global Soul" by Pico Iyer. He documents his numerous travels all over the world with such detailed fluency, a fascinating read. I'd like to wishfully think I am a global soul too.

One book you wish had never been written:
"The Ground Beneath Her Feet" by Salman Rushdie. Boy, it was such a tediously long book. But I persevered and kept reading it to find out what exactly happened to the protagonist, only to be hugely disappointed by its lousy ending.

One book you are currently reading:
"The Unbearable Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera. I have about a few chapters left before I finish this book. Wow, I'm totally blown away. He raises several valid points that I've always thought to be true. So it is reassuring to know that my fears/insights are somehow valid and I'm not as weird as I thought I was.

One book you have been meaning to read:
There is a long pile of books on my bedside table still wrapped in their original plastic. I'd probably read "The Walled Gardens" by Anahita Firouz.

No comments: