Friday, September 22, 2006

My fragile ego booster
Last week, my sister and I attended this lecture somewhere in the Ortigas area. It was a presentation of a company who sells timeshare vacations and/or club membership to the public. It is a long tedious story on how we wasted our precious time in their office on a Saturday afternoon. So I'll spare you the boring details.

Anyways, the lady who was assigned to us politely asked me my age. I blurted out I'm 37. I am the type of person who doesn't dread to tell people my real age. I mean why lie, right? You are only deceiving yourself if you do that. She was surprised and told me I hardly look my age. The real boost came though at the expense of my sister dearest. The young lady mistakenly thought my sister was older than me. Heh! I corrected her and we all chuckled. My sister though had this look on her face that said "oh no, not again" written all over it. Yes, it has happened several times in the past.

Much to my chagrin I'm turning a year older, next month. So nowadays the tone of my volley of e-mails to my best friend is as depressing as watching the inconquerable Titanic sink into the ocean. So I really needed that boost to my sunken ego.
But as Keane said in their song "Somewhere Only We Know"
Oh simple thing where have you gone
I'm getting old and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin
The scary part is I have no freaking idea where to begin.

Sigh.

No comments: