Sunday, November 19, 2006

United Colors of Paint
Tomorrow we are having our loft re-painted. Yes, after postponing it for the longest time, we finally decided to splurge just go for it. Little did we know that it would be so difficult choosing the appropriate colors. We (my sister and I) spent almost an hour deliberating color schemes at Ace Hardware, the other day. We already had some basic hues in mind but once we got hold of the color swatches, we were overwhelmed by the wide variety of colors available.
Our final choices are Orange Sherbet for the living room, kitchen, the railing of the staircase + the second floor hallway area (my sister's office) with Claypot for the border base and the cabinets. Upstairs in my room, I went for two shades of blue. A light aquamarine shade aptly named Peace River for the walls and Sparkling Blue for the closets. My sister's room will be reddish orange (Mango Tango) with a tinge of a shade which reminds me of vanilla ice cream for the closet. The painters said it would take only 5 days to finish everything BUT I have my doubts. Of course, I am already pretty excited about the final outcome but I don't really relish the fact that I will be out of my comfort zone for a few days.

Now excuse me as I need to clear up A LOT of clutter, sort them into boxes then cover the furniture with blankets.

Hasta la bye bye for now. =)

No comments: