Tuesday, December 26, 2006

'Tis the day after Christmas
So everything - the last minute shopping, the mall hopping, exploring the night bazaars, the putting up of Christmas decors in the rush to get ready for the big day was one big exercise in futility because a high tension drama on Christmas Eve ruined the festivities. I don't want to talk about it but suffice to say it wasn't pleasant. It had all the elements of a telenovela. So anticlimactic really, I knew it would happen. Arghh! Damn it!

So as I rightfully predicted I spent Christmas day in bed nursing this pesky cough I have been battling for 3 weeks now. I read my book ("In the Walled Gardens" by Anahita Firouz), only getting up for meals, to check my emails and blog hop. In the evening to inject some cheer into my morose soul, I watched a pirated "DVD copy" of "Little Miss Sunshine" , a delightful movie I saw at Greenbelt last week which I totally adore. It worked. It made me laugh and cry at the same time.

This SMS exchange though didn't help boost my low morale:
Me: I wish you a magical festive season filled with loving wishes and beautiful thoughts. Happy Christmas! best regards, Daph =)
Him : Daph? Sorry my phone book got erased. Who is this?
Me: it's me Daphne we met over a year ago.
Him: Hmmm where? Sounds familiar but I can't place the name
(by this point I was already cringing and totally embarrassed that he doesn't know nor remember who I am)
Me: It was only once for drinks at "xxxxxxxx"
He: Hmm ... Daphne Laura? Hi there! Merry Christmas
Me: Oh right I should have added the "Laura" So how have you been?
He doesn't reply back. Ugh! I guess this explains why I never heard from him again after that first 'date'.

Anyways!


I don't want to end this entry on a sour note, so allow me to post some pictures I took of the brightly decorated houses on Policarpio Street in Mandaluyong. We go there annually to catch some much needed Christmas cheers. This year, we squeezed ourselves among the hordes of people on the 23rd of December. People of different shapes, sizes, age and gender and dare I say of different body scents as well. As I walk around being jostled left and right, trying to steady my hands so I can take good pictures, I always wonder how much they pay for their electricity.












No comments: