Friday, April 20, 2007

Planting Rice
While I was stuck here in sunny and oh so humid Metro Manila, nursing myself back to health, my sister dearest was up north hiking across the Banaue Rice Terraces in Ifugao Province. Communing with nature in the great outdoors, she was also sweating up a storm but of course soaking in the grand scenery which is unofficially known as the 8th Wonder of the World. Armed with mineral water, comfortable shoes and a strong stamina even though she had just recovered from the flu, she along with her colleagues walked through rough terrain, huffed and puffed through several steep climbs and through sheer will power, made it to the several view sites! I'm sure she lost a few pounds in the process to grace my eyes and this blog with some panoramic shots.

Enjoy! =)







She came home with pasalubongs of peanut brittle, sweet crunchy pinipig as well as beautiful wooden artifacts which will now adorn our humble abode. Her only complaint was being stuck in a Victory Liner bus for almost 10 hours traveling through zigzag roads. Best part of her trip (well in my opinion, anyway!) were the numerous SMS she sent lil old me during the road trip to ease her boredom and her promise to bring me there some day. Now she owes me 2 out of town trips - Corregidor and Banaue! Teehee! =)






No comments: