Saturday, October 06, 2007

Day 4 (part 2) - My 5 star hotel indulgences (September 27)
My favorite activities when I stay at hotel suites are (1) ordering room service and (2) bubble baths. The evening of September 27, my sister booked herself a Barako body scrub and aromatherapy body massage at the famous Chi Spa at the Shangri-la Mactan Resort. I didn't join her because (1) it is way too expensive and (2) I'm not really keen on massages. So I had the whole suite to my giddy self. I ordered Nasi Goreng with cream of veggie soup and Diet Coke. During dinner, I watched TV in relative comfort clad in an oversized white fluffy bathrobe while at the same time I was texting D about the city tour earlier that day.

Nasi Goreng

Then it was time to head over to the gorgeous bathroom to set my bubble bath. Blending hot and cold water with the right amount of bath salts and body gel to make it foamy. It was an enjoyable experience just relaxing my weary bones while contemplating on my thoughts, my fears, my hopes, my aspirations and my whole life in general. I guess you could call it a defining moment while being soaked in lukewarm soapy bubbles, I suddenly realized this sinking feeling about something that has been bothering me for some time now. I'm afraid and I'm saddened to say it isn't a pleasant thought so I fervently pray it is merely temporary jitters. Yes I forgot to take a picture of the bubble bath but believe me it was oh so delightful and pure bliss! =)



No comments: