Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Who would have thought?
My transformation from a sarcastic, cynical I.will.never.marry spoiled brat to an excited, happy bride to be is phenomenal. A year ago, I would be the first person to scoff and snicker whenever I saw long queues at bridal fairs. But yesterday, I registered online so I don't have to pay the admission fee to the Dream Weddings - Before I Do Year 2 at Megatrade Hall 3, SM Megamall, this weekend. Surreal!

In other news (still wedding related), it seems that I would have to deal with my in laws after all. Last Sunday, I was able to talk to D's mother, his younger brother and his family in the US. It was an interesting phone conversation. I got some dirt on D's personality courtesy of his family - that was fun to hear! But I didn't expect the whole brood's definite plan to attend the wedding, next year. Eeeps. I understand they are excited about D finally getting married but it seems our guest list (and expenses) will have to be further stretched beyond our limited budget. D even joked "it is nice of them to come for the wedding. But instead of spending for their airfare, they can just remit the money so we can use it to renovate the house" Hey don't look at me, he was the one who said it, the idea never crossed my mind, really ... I just laughed.

No comments: