Thursday, January 31, 2008

My 1st Thursday Thirteen edition

13 items on my to do list for the month of February:
1. Celebrate my parents' 40th wedding anniversary.
My sister and I have made plans to make this day really special.

2. Send a birthday card by snail mail to a friend.
I still send birthday cards to my dear friends scattered all over the world. It is more personal and intimate that way.

3. Schedule a dentist appointment.
This is long overdue, really.

4. Get the wedding banns from my parish.
After 3 consecutive Sundays, I need to get them and return it to the church where I will get married.

5. Buy a V gift for my fiance.
No idea what to get him!

6. Find a suitable and affordable place to move in.
Apartment hunting with a limited budget is akin to looking for a needle in a hay stack!

7. Go for a pap smear test.
No explanation needed.

8. Hunt for wedding giveaways.
I have a few ideas in mind, it is just a matter of finding them at a good price.

9. Attend one of the seminars at the Edsa Shrine.
We are required to attend 2 seminars. The Christian Doctrine Seminar and the Marriage and Parenthood Seminar which are scheduled on Saturdays. But D works during that day so he has to spare some time to escape from school.

10. Apply for a certified true copy of birth certificate at NSO.
This document has to be issued 3 months before the actual wedding date. So we will probably apply for it towards the end of February.

11. Look for wedding shoes.
Need I say more?

12. Find the time to watch "There will be Blood" and "The Darjeeling Limited" during its limited release at the cinemas. I read the Daniel Day Lewis starrer will be shown exclusively at the Gateway Cineplex 10 on Feb. 13 while " The Darjeeling Limited" opens Feb. 6 at the Ayala Malls (Glorietta, Greenbelt and Trinoma).

13. Finally finish reading "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini.
The second novel from the author of "Kite Runner" which I started reading last year but I always fall asleep when I read it, late at night after a long day!

1 comment:

dealmecoupon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.