Tuesday, April 01, 2008

That's it?



Today on the first day of the warm month of April, D and I made our way to City Hall. We went to apply for our marriage license. Armed with a Manila envelope with all the required documents both the original as well as their copies, I was fully prepared to deal with bureaucratic mayhem. Much to my pleasant surprise, there wasn't any line. The building was clean and brightly lit and its air conditioning was at full blast. D filled up his side of the form. Me well I had already filled it up days ago because I am efficient that way. We submitted all the papers together with our 1 x 1 ID Picture. I was ready to roll up my sleeves and make a scene if and when they would make it difficult for us. But unfortunately or fortunately I didn't have to channel my taray self. It was a breeze. We just have to show up on the 14th of April to get our marriage license.

For a few seconds, I thought huh that's it? Are you kidding, me? It is really that easy or are you guys playing a trick on us, today on April fools day? Well I didn't wait to find out. I just left the building with a relieved smile.

No comments: