Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Time off
I had merely been married for 10 days when I took off with my family (my sister and my parents). We watched a concert at the PICC. "Lea (Salonga): My Life on Stage" last Saturday, May 24, 2008.

I was still exhausted from commuting to and from Quiapo with mother in law. As well as adjusting to the new place and married life so it was a very much welcomed break. Quite unexpected surprise too courtesy of my sister who had complimentary tickets.

I was able to dress up for the occasion, wear heels and some make up. It was a refreshing change from my (now) normal 'housewifely' attire of jeans, t-shirt, walking shoes and wavy hair in a ponytail.

It was a walk down memory lane as Lea enthralled us with songs from her younger days as Annie, being the front act of Menudo, her numerous stints on stage (both Broadway and West End) to her marriage and motherhood phase. I've always been a big fan of her voice as well as her ability to rise above the ordinary crop of 'birit' queens and she makes us proud to be Filipino.

I enjoyed myself immensely. A nice bonding time with my family who have missed me terribly since I got married. I was entertained for a full 2 and half hours.

Thank God for pleasant surprises! =)

No comments: