Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sights and Sounds of HongKong: the last in the series

Yes I promise this is the last post about my HongKong trip. We only stayed for 4 days but I've come up with 7 posts detailing it to bits and pieces. The trip was almost 2 weeks ago and I am still blogging about it! Go figure. I guess I need a diversion to avoid thinking about how much I will truly truly truly miss my sister when she relocates to the Lion City in a couple of weeks time.


A double decker bus passes by the Lane Crawford mall in Times Square, Causeway Bay


Oh look an ad showing a chimp selling what I presume are mints to freshen your breath!


This was taken on a Saturday night. It was already around 11pm but boy oh boy Hongkong streets were still chock full of people doing their weekend shopping.



The historic clock tower is a landmark from the Age of Steam. It was part of the original Kowloon Canton Railway Terminus. It survived the demolition of the rail station in the mid 1970s and it was declared a monument in 1990.


The Happy Valley Race course where I presume many a dreams have been shattered by those betting on horses which lost!


There were lanterns everywhere you looked since the Spring Lantern festival was fast approaching.



So 3 nights and 4 days were surely not enough to explore every single nook and cranny of that bustling city but I had so much fun. As I buckled my seat belt during the ride back to Manila on PAL flight PR 311, I got into a reflective mood.


I admit at first, I was cautious about traveling with my parents due to their seniority but they were always game and never complained. But I could tell they did get really tired at the end of each day.

It was also D's first ever trip overseas (yes I know I keep rubbing that fact in, huh?) so it was fun to discover his 'tourist' vibe. It was painless and he is such a great travelling companion. He followed all my instructions and was totally up to the task like carrying luggage, guiding my parents during ferry rides and generally just being his dear good hearted person self. Bless him!

And my dear sister well she is the ultimate traveler and dare I say the rock that holds the family together. She is good with navigation and directions. We all just totally relied on her wise judgment so we won't get lost in translation and in transition.

So I was deeply grateful to be able to travel yet again on a trip of rediscovery with people who matter most to me. I'm truly blessed! =)

No comments: