Monday, April 27, 2009

Snooze Fest

I'm a person who likes (to) sleep.
Although I admit I do have a difficult time falling asleep.
Unlike some people (like my husband) who start dozing off the minute their heads hit the pillow, it would take me several minutes for deep slumber to set in.
I've tried many ways to induce instant sleep.
I would read. Pray. Reflect. Take a shower right before bed time.
Not necessarily in that order. But nothing worked.

Lately though I notice a significant change in my sleeping habits.

Nowadays at night, I would be in bed at 11:30pm.
I would wake up at around 9 am.
Then sleep again in the afternoon after lunch.
Well not immediately on a full stomach.
But any time from 3:30 pm to about 5:20pm would be my nap time.

I don't know why I'm sleepy all the time.
Probably because I have more time to rest. D is always home for the summer school holidays. He is very handy with household chores so he completely takes over.
Bless him!
Or maybe it is this rainy weather which is a big respite from the stifling heat.
It is way better to fall asleep when it rains than tossing and turning in sticky humid conditions with no aircon in sight.

But whatever the reason, I welcome this snooze fest with glee!

No comments: