Monday, June 22, 2009

Children parties

On the rare occasion that D and I socialize, we usually end up going to the birthday parties of kids. His friends/co faculty's children in various ages, sizes and shapes. I am constantly amazed by how the whole party is turned into this grand production number. Complete with an emcee, a game show host, clowns, magicians - all of them trying their darnest best to entertain the guests. It is all very festive with loud music blaring in colorful balloons infested venues with buffet style dining. It is fun and entertaining. It brings out my inner child and I am totally amused by the tricks of the entertainers.

I also get a kick observing the other parents. Their minds wondering if attending these sort of parties would encourage their children to demand their own bongga birthday party. You know a sort of 'keeping up with the Joneses' attitude. Anyways I'm sure every parent just wants to provide the best for their children.

Speaking of parties, I laughed out loud yesterday because of something D said. The emcee interrupted his spiel during a game to announce "Mommies and Daddies you can now line up at the buffet table for your snack". My funny hubby turned to me and said "Papaano yan hindi tayo puwedeng kumain, hindi pa tayo mommy at daddy". Ha ha ha

No comments: