Thursday, June 04, 2009

Let them eat cake

I have a confession to make. I have a sweet tooth. In fact I can minimize my intake of rice and viands but when it comes to sweets, I falter. Aside from the local delicacies (kakanin), my fave desserts are cakes. But I prefer my cakes to be of the "mild" variety. Meaning they are not too sweet. Yes I know that defeats its main purpose but what the heck that's how I like them. On special occasions like birthdays and/or Christmas our table won't be complete without the sinful presence of a cake.

Our top favorites are the mocha roll from either Red Ribbon or Goldilocks.



This mocha walnut cake from Kookie Korner. I ended up buying two of these cakes for my mother's recent birthday. One for them (my parents) and one for us (D & I). Although I admit that I was the one who basically gobbled it all up since D isn't too fond of sweets.


No comments: