Saturday, July 25, 2009

A scented affair

I like to smell good. So I'm big on perfumes. I never leave the house without spraying them on my clothing. Sometimes even though I'm only staying home, I spray a few whisk on me. Most of the perfumes I use have been my favorites for decades now. To cite a few - Pleasures by Estee Lauder, Rive Gauche by Yves Saint Laurent, Anais Anais by Cacharel and Elizabeth Arden's Splendour.

I have a bitter sweet love affair with Splendour. It was gifted to me by my sister who I believe received it as a corporate giveaway. I fell in love with its strong scent. Not too sweet nor too floral, it was just the perfect aroma for me. After using it for a few years, I panicked when it was suddenly pulled out of the market. I searched all the perfume counters at the malls and also frantically searched online perfume websites. But it was in vain. I was disappointed but simply had to move on to the next perfume to satisfy my scented desires.

Then to my utter surprise among the pasalubongs my sister bought for me from Singapore was a bottle of Elizabeth Arden's Splendour. She was fully aware of my desperate search for this specific perfume so when she accidentally chanced upon it at the duty free shop in Changi Airport (Singapore) she willingly bought one for me. Now I am ecstatic with my renewed scented affair with one of my favorite perfumes.

Thank God for a generously kind and sweet sister who truly knows the way to my heart! =)

No comments: