Thursday, December 10, 2009

Travel Bug

This morning D and I made hatid my parents to NAIA Terminal 3 for their Singapore trip. They will be staying there for a month. They are pretty excited to see my sister again as well as visit the country we called home for almost 3 years. A few days before their trip, we invaded the malls for some pasalubongs. This gave me the chance to snap those Christmas-y photos. Then at the condo, it was packing time. I tried my darnest best to make sure their luggage doesn't exceed the maximum kgs allowed. It was a bit daunting as my parents wanted to bring most of their personal stuff to make their one month stay as comfy as possible. Even though my sister insisted she could provide most of their needs. It was chaotic to say the least but still quite fun to rebond with my parents and their lovable eccentricities all over again.

This whole paragraph is a prelude to my blog entry to another blog contest which promises fabulous prizes. I discovered the contest thru one of my fave bloggers (Hi Kayni!)

Kumareng Grace is giving away great prizes to her 3 of your favorite places contest.


My three favorite places:
1. Jerusalem, Israel



I consider this pilgrimage as one of my holiest travel destinations. It was in 2000, a few days before the late Pope John Paul II's visit so security was quite tight. But this meant that most if not all of the historical/religious sights were spruced up. The trip was hectic and short but very solemn and a spiritually uplifting experience.

2. Paris, France



Even though I've been to the City of Lights several times now it never ceases to amaze me with its delights. Be it culinary, touristic, historical, architectural and everything else in between. You will never run of things to explore and experience with gusto.

3. Tagaytay, Cavite Philippines



Locally I just can't get enough of this little (now booming city) volcano town. Just a few kms from the hustle and bustle of Metro Manila, I always feel an aura of serenity whenever I stare at the Taal volcano. The weather is sublime, the air quite fresh and there are several establishments to cater to every whimsical fancy.

The three places I dream of going to:
1. Cairo, Egypt - to see the majestic pyramids!
2. New York City, USA - to watch as many Broadway (and off Broadway) plays as my budget can accommodate!
3. Sydney, Australia - to see the Grand Opera house and to be able to say I went to the Land Down Under!

No comments: