Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday pleasure

One of my guilty pleasures is to browse the PostSecret website every Sundays. It is the website where people's secrets which were mailed on a postcard are displayed. It is refreshing to see some of the secrets since you suddenly don't feel alone in your anguish/pain or troubles.

I could have sent this postcard myself but I didn't. It hit a raw nerve with me.

For the longest time, I've been a careless, free spirited single person. I didn't have a maternal bone in my body. It was all about me, me and only me. Then just as my views about weddings and marriage slowly changed for the better (after I got married 2 years ago) I feel myself consumed by the motherhood aspect of my existence.

I still have no idea how I will handle it but at least I have soften my stance. But at this juncture of my life, my biological clock has unfortunately stopped ticking. Tough luck, right?

Oh well, I believe the key to enduring all these stress is my deep faith and my hubby's unwavering support. They both play an important role and prevent me from completely losing my mind over this hurdle. I try to maintain a positive outlook but alas I am only human and yes I do hurt!

No comments: