Monday, May 03, 2010

Investments

I've always been frugal with my money. For the longest time, most of my savings were all tied up in time deposit accounts. I availed of a feature in my TD account where the interest would be automatically deposited into my other bank account when it matured. So what little interest I earned I would use the amount to pay bills and/or for grocery shopping.

Back in Singapore ages ago, I used to work for an entrepreneur who was heavily into stocks and other trading options. Even though I took Commerce (majoring in Business Administration) at UST (University of Santo Tomas), I still cannot fully comprehend how the stock market works. All I know is what I see on TV, a bunch of people waving their hands in the air, shouting and causing such a ruckus on the trading floor. I guess I wasn't listening attentively to my professors, back then kasi naman it was such a boring subject.

No comments: