Monday, June 14, 2010

Friends Request

In my past entries, I've lamented about how miserable I was during high school. We had just returned from two continuous stints abroad (India and Belgium) so I didn't speak a single word of Tagalog. I had thick wavy hair, wore thick eyeglasses and was thin as a rake. I was also anti-social so I came across as a snob. But somehow I managed to survive. I did make a select few friends who accepted me despite being an oddity. I've maintained the friendships through the years. We still keep in touch albeit via email and Facebook.

So I sometimes hesitate when I receive friends request on FB from my classmates in high school. I guess you can say I'm bitter but they didn't make any effort to befriend me back then but suddenly they want to add me to their contacts? Strange! Well it depends on my mood. Sometimes I confirm but more often than not, I decline the requests. They are probably thinking 'wow she is still a snob until now' but frankly I don't really care. :D

Then I receive messages like this:
"I just looked at your wedding pix and I must say you look so much more prettier than when we were younger. And you were glowing in your photos! Keep on glowing, girl!"

So I ask myself is she reaffirming that I was indeed 'ugly' or should I just be thankful that she thinks I am prettier now?

Hmmm what do you think?

No comments: