Thursday, January 13, 2011

A few of my favorite things

I probably mentioned in some previous post I still consider my former residence, the 12th floor condo unit as my home. It is filled with precious memories of my wanderlust days. There are framed photos of me and my sister in various poses at different locations. Trinkets or souvenir items from our travels are also prominently displayed. We got magnets on our fridge. Wood carvings hanging from our ceiling and on our walls. While these items below are holding fort on the counter of the headboard of my single sized bed:

3 bottles filled with colorful sand, I purchased in Petra, Jordan.



A small wooden matchbox with a gold camel from Dubai, UAE.



A musical box with a painting of the Schronbrunn Palace in Vienna Austria.



This picture shows the intricate craft work inside the musical box. You have to turn the little thingie under the box to play the music. It plays the "Blue Danube".



A pin of the Argentina jersey was a souvenir of the 1982 World Cup soccer games. It's tiny and fits in the palm of my hand.

No comments: