Monday, September 05, 2011

Childhood memories


The above picture circa 1979 was taken at Meli Park in Belgium. This huge theme park is located near the town of De Panne on the Belgian coast. Meli Park was opened in 1936 and operated until 1999. I read that it was restored into a new park that opened on 20 April 2000. It has been renamed Plopsaland.

I remember that Meli-Park was an amazing place to visit. It was bought by a honey company and they decided to adopt a honey bee theme. Most of the different types of rides were all based on bees. Our parents would take us there during weekends and we would ride all of the attractions. I guess I was still pretty brave back then. It was and always will remain a very pleasant childhood experience for me and my sister. It would forever hold a special place in our memory warehouse.

Ah yes the good old times. Don't you sometimes wish that we could all travel back in time? If you could, where would you go? Please share your fondest childhood memories! :D

No comments: