Friday, June 22, 2012

"We got it all for you"

The Shoe Mart Mall in Baguio was just a few walking distance away from where we stayed in the City of Pines. As you all know, it got bad publicity over their plans to cut down the pine trees to put up a parking lot. But when we visited it, the brouhaha had settled down as they were hardly any signs of protest rallies visible. I also had a hard time figuring out which part of the mall was being allocated for the parking spot, as it was still surrounded by tall, luscious trees.



The best part about the mall though is the open air viewing deck on the upper floors. From there you can see a stunning view of Baguio City.








Watching the sunset over Baguio was quite a treat. I thought it was a romantic gesture as it was still our anniversary.





Little did I know that the very next day, I would return to the mall under different circumstances. It was our 3rd day in Baguio, I woke up early as we planned to visit the strawberry farms. After I showered, I was surprised that D was still in bed, he usually wakes up before me. Then I discovered he was burning up with fever! I gave him crackers and hot tea so he could drink meds. He was stricken with severe stomach flu. So I rushed to SM to buy some hot soup and congee from the fast food court. He slept the whole day and by evening his fever and his upset stomach was gone. He felt quite bad that we wasted one whole day, but I told him that would give us a good reason to return to Baguio! :D

No comments: