Saturday, August 25, 2012

Priorities

I usually set goals for myself in quarterly installments. This is entirely based on our finances which earn very measly interests every 3 months. Even though I diligently save every month, it is still very difficult to budget accordingly for us to live comfortably.


For the last quarter of this year, I was hoping I could gift myself with a laptop for my birthday. Then it was decided, we'll be spending the Yuletide holidays in HK ergo my birthday wish just went up in flames. You see, Harriet has been very moody these past days, she won't switch on even though I've tried numerous times. But on the other hand, I'm thankful I have D's old reliable computer which I can use every time Harriet throws a tantrum.


I would just have to postpone my 'desire' for next year. Much to my chagrin, there seems to be a lot of postponing going on, lately. But I am a firm believer in prioritizing so for now I will switch my mind towards dreaming about dimsum, Star Ferry and pleasant cool climate. After all, family bonding time is priceless!

2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

Oh my laptop is also needing to be replaced, but it would wait for sometime, as you know I just broke the bank with my vacation to India and Bangladesh.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

Yes I know. Somehow it feels like it is worth it if we save for our travels instead of gadgets. :D