Thursday, November 21, 2013

Distraction

I've been married now for 5 years and 6 months yet I can't bring myself to blog in front of my hubby. Although he is aware I have 2 blogs I've told him not to read them. This is fine by him since he has other interests which doesn't include reading blogs.  

I usually take a while to compose an entry although the main topic is at hand (in my mind) I tend to write then edit the draft several times before I click the 'publish' button. 

You see in this household, our computers are located at a perpendicular angle.  This means I am facing the wall while D is at my back facing the other wall.  Ergo I cannot see what he is doing while he is at his computer while he can merely turn to his right and can read what's on my monitor.   Perhaps this 'disadvantage' is the reason I am not at ease as he can easily just turn and read what I'm up to. 

I am more of a silent/quiet type so I like to do my online activities in complete silence. This way I can concentrate more even though I got like several browsers all open at once.  While every few seconds, he would comment out loud on topics he reads online. This lil gesture can really irritate me especially when I have my earphones on while watching my fave TV shows on my PC and he would tap my shoulders because he wants to share some inane matter he saw online.

I know ... I know ... I'm being silly when he just wants to keep the communication lines open .... but to disturb my internet time is tantamount to talking out loud during Sunday mass sermon time!

Thankfully I found a solution! Nowadays I rely on my smartphone using wifi to connect online during his off days and on weekends. This way, we are both at peace.

2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

I don't like my hubs to read my blog too. As a matter of fact, I don't tell anyone I have a blog. I am not comfortable with them reading my thoughts.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

Yes I still believe that blogs should be more like a journal where we pen our innermost thoughts.

As opposed to the ones which have a lifestyle column vibe.

To each his own, I guess.