- Last Sunday was Mothers Day so naturally we treated my mom for lunch. At first she said she wanted Thai food so I had a specific restaurant in mind for lunch. During mass, she changed her mind and opted for something else. So me being indecisive does come from my mother, after all. he he he
- Monday was Election Day. I spent the previous night at the condo so that we (my parents and I) could vote early at this public high school in the Mandaluyong area. I expected a long queue and a hassle at locating my name at my specific precinct much like in the presidential elections in 2010. But fortunately, our precinct wasn't that full yet. The whole voting process took us a mere 30 minutes!
- May 15, Wednesday we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. Yes it has only been 5 years or has it been 5 years already? Time passes by so fast. Sometimes I feel like we have been together longer than 5 years while other times I still discover new things about my husband like we are still in our honeymoon phase. Nevertheless, it has been a pretty good 5 years filled with laughter and heartaches as well yet we feel very blessed to have each other.
- We started by saying a quick prayer at this chapel which is located at Trinoma. Then had Chinese fare for lunch. We were planning to watch a movie but the ones showing were not to our liking so we opted for the next best thing ... shopping. By the end of the day, we ended up with 2 tops for me and 2 pairs of jeans for him. Thanks to the mid year bonus for the loot! :D
- On Thursday, we went to the funeral mass of D's aunt. She was the last of his father's siblings and lived to the ripe old age of 97 years old. She is at peace now and in a better place. May Tiya Pacing rest in eternal peace. She will be greatly missed.
- Friday and Saturday I fell ill to a nasty stomach bug. Spent most of my time cooped up in the bathroom with massive pain in the tummy. My suspicion is the mayonnaise I used to make spicy tuna sandwich for my breakfast, Friday morn. Not a good way to lose weight but I do feel much lighter.
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013
It has been one scorching summer of 2013. It is still ongoing although the local weather bureau expects the onset of the monsoon season to start end of May or early June. I would certainly welcome the rains. It has been really warm with bright skies during the day and humid during evenings.
Our computers are located in a room on the 2nd floor where the bright rays of the sun likes to park itself during the afternoons. To avoid heat stroke and dehydration, I stay clear of 'the sauna room'.
To my surprise this period of being internet-less allows me to find ways to entertain myself. I've foregone my nap sessions as I rather not sleep and wake up covered with sweat and a headache.
I've been productive, though. It gives me time to tinker about the house. Do some sewing, arrange the book shelves, get rid of clutter and junk. I wash our underwear and the rags. I do my pedicure, trim my bushy eyebrows and other beauty regimens.
I've also started a light exercise routine by climbing the stairs several times. It does tone my thigh and leg muscles as well as get my heartbeat racing. It works up quite a storm of sweat which I know is the least I would want but hey I need to exercise to lower my cholesterol levels so I just grin and bear it.
While doing these tasks, I make sure I'm properly hydrated by drinking plenty of water and coconut juice. It is a fun way to spend hot afternoons although I do miss my internet time. :D