Tuesday, June 16, 2015

A month later ...

Woot it has been a month since I last posted. Nothing much has been going on. Well let me rephrase that. Many things have passed but I guess not really worth blogging about. Just life taking its course, intense heat with humidity et al. 

End of last month, my mother turned a year older. Naturally it is to be expected, it is ... what it is. But as she adds to her age, she gets more frail and that breaks my heart. 

I was able to catch several films at the French Film Festival. This adds joy and contentment to my boring existence. Even if for a few hours, I just sit back, relax and let my worries take a back seat.

Meanwhile, the hubby was away for 3 days for some strategic planning and faculty development. This year, it was held at Cagbalete Island which is 10 minutes by boat from Mauban, Quezon. Mauban in the province of Quezon is about 3 hours away by land from Metro Manila. It was very rustic and provincial surroundings but as the following pictures prove it is quite charming in its own scenic rural way. 











2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

That's a perfect get away to destress. Hope you're getting the most of the summer.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

Yes Photo Cache I was asking the hubby if they got any work done considering how idyllic the surroundings were. Certainly not conducive for 'work' so it was combination of work and play. hehehe