Wednesday, April 27, 2016

HK: Shopping

It is no surprise that HK is a shopping mecca. High end boutiques that sell luxurious brands, big malls that offer everything that money can buy, the outlet stores that sell at discounted prices and the small stand alone shops that peddles all wares.

All of them are way beyond my budget and I am not an impulsive buyer. I always consider whether what I am buying is a 'need' or a 'want'. Naturally you all know the distinction between those two words. 

Bazaars or night markets are also a plenty in HK and the ones that are much frequented are the Temple Street Market and the Ladies Market, both located in the Kowloon area. 

All kinds of trinkets, leather goods, bags, wallets, clothes, hair accessories, gadget accessories are available here. You can also haggle for a better price but just be prepared to be harassed once you start bargaining as the attendants would not easily let you go until they make a sale. They only accept cash and the no return policy is strictly enforced. FYI, most of the bags are imitation of luxurious brands so don't expect 'good quality'. Although if like me you are not brand conscious, these bags are still functional and serve their purpose.

It was one of the coldest days of February when we strolled there and so I was all bundled up with my jacket, my bonnet, a warm scarf and my thermal underwear so I could survive the biting cold 11 degrees Celsius temperature!
























Speaking of the weather, Metro Manila is sizzling hot with temperatures reaching 37 - 38 degrees Celsius and the heat index goes high up to 41!  Phew. 

In this regard, I am taking a blogging hiatus as I will be staying at my previous residence probably for the entire month of May. Night sweats (symptoms of you know what!) are keeping me awake and making me cranky and the stifling heat doesn't help one single bit. The road repairs here on our street is still ongoing and everything in our house is filled with dust, even though our windows are closed. So it is unbearable and not comfortable at all. 

Be back soon, promise! =)

1 comment:

Photo Cache said...

Stay cool and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Open air markets or bazaars are my kind of shopping and I love trinkets. Bucket list item for me is the night market/s in HK.