Saturday, July 30, 2016

Friday night thoughts

So time says it is 11:56 PM on this relatively cooler Friday night. The rains earlier this evening must have lowered the temperatures.

The dog in the house across the street is barking for no reason, as usual. While the neighbors in the apartment adjacent to ours is watching some movie with the volume on full blast.

I don't know if they are deaf or perhaps since it is Friday they assume they can just relax and make some noise since they don't have work tomorrow.

But the thing is D does have work tomorrow.  Ever since he got promoted, he is on call like 7 days a week. Last weekend, he spent it at work and slept there in his office as there were several delegations in town.

In times like these when I find myself having dinner by my lonesome self, I have this mantra I like to keep reciting to myself which is Voltaire's quote: "With great power comes great responsibility."

But I guess all this ranting of mine is pretty one sided because truth be told ... D has been snoring away beside me for the past 2 hours now ... completely oblivious of the noise from the blaring TV and the barking dog.

Oh right ... I'm the light sleeper in this household.  I need complete silence to get a good night sleep ... and lately it has been my main problem ... sleep or the lack of it.

End of rant!

5 comments:

Photo Cache said...

One of the symptoms of impending menopause is sleeplessness or difficulty getting sleep. Been there!

Kayni said...

I'm a light sleeper as well. I need white noise or light music to get myself to sleep. I really envy my husband because he sleeps so well.

D@phneL@ur@ said...

That is utterly awful Marie, I've been reading up on the symptoms and it really dampens my mood but what to do, right? It is a rightful passage of life and we have no choice but to grin and bear it. Lord help us! hehe

D@phneL@ur@ said...

The thing is I love to sleep and I can sleep all day if I can afford to hehe I guess most men can just fall asleep with the drop of a hat ... D can sleep sitting on a chair .. how he does it ... I have no idea but he does!

SADLOVE said...

difficulty getting sleep. Been there!'''



** goldenslot mobile**
** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**