Saturday, August 18, 2012

Printouts

My very first printer was a freebie that came with the desktop I bought in the mid 1990s. I used to print out pages and pages of the episodes of a soap opera drama so my mother could read them. Back then, ink cartridges were these chunky pieces that were as big as my arm.


When we relocated back here, I traded in that old printer with a new one. This in turn was mainly used by my sister when she took her masters in International Relations. She would print out volumes of reference materials which were needed for her night classes.


When I got married, I inherited a small handy printer which now sits permanently beside my monitor. Its main purpose is to print out e-tickets, class records for D as well as any articles I find interesting online that I wish to share with my parents as they are not computer savvy. I try to minimize using it as ink cartridges although smaller in size are still a bit pricey. An added expense into our savings that isn't welcomed by cheapstake me!

No comments: