Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Mall by the Bay

SM Mall of Asia

This is a picture of the SM Mall of Asia I snapped while I was aboard a plane, last month. Today, I was able to explore its newly opened sprawling premises. We made our way through its long spiral ramp at its South Wing parking. Somehow, managed to squeeze ourselves into its tiny elevators. Walked all over its very bright interiors filled with shops, restaurants, cinemas, a hypermarket and its flagship SM Department Store. The usual brands like National Book Store, Marks and Spencers, Lacoste, Toy Kingdom all enticing shoppers to spend, spend and spend. Restaurants like Jollibee, Max's, Tokyo Tokyo, Italianni's and Chow King feeding hungry mall goers. Trolleys filled with goodies at the SM Hypermarket. People lining up to watch the latest movies. Except the controversial "Da Vinci Code" which is banned at all SM cinemas. A film I have yet to watch but I keep procrastinating.
In short, a very common sight at any SM Mall peppered all over the metropolis in this mall loving nation.
The only difference - you get a fantastic view of the Manila Bay area from the second floor of the mall. Quite breathtaking.
It was getting a bit crowded even on a Tuesday. I suspect it would be filled with a gazillion people during the weekends. Eeeps!
Go check it out if you are into the whole malling experience, just don't forget to wear *really* comfortable shoes. Take my word for it!


P.S.

Ah nope, I wasn't paid by Henry Sy or anyone from SM to write this post. :D I'm just a certified mallrat who likes to window shop and people watch.

No comments: